Friday, October 22, 2004

Bunning Clears Things Up

From USA Today:

Bunning's Rotary Club speech here was aimed at driving any doubts from voters' minds. Although he referred to notes often during the speech, he appeared lucid during a question-and-answer period.

But speaking to reporters later, Bunning reinforced an image among some that he is out of touch when he didn't seem to know about the Army reservists in Iraq who recently refused to go on a convoy mission. "Uh, what are you talking about? I don't know what you are talking about," Bunning replied to a question. When told the story had been in the news for more than a week, he said, "I don't watch the news. And I have not read a newspaper in over six weeks. When I do watch some TV news, I watch Fox."

Bunning called it "as dirty a campaign as I've seen" and said it's "unbelievable to challenge somebody's health and competency, when anyone who is here can see that I'm sharp, healthy and mentally awake."

No comments: