Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Ron Jr. v. George Jr.

The NYT has a story on the emerging feud between the Reagans and the Bushes. The story quotes Ron Jr.'s criticism of GWB in an interview with Salon magazine last year:

"The Bush people have no right to speak for my father, particularly because of the position he's in now," Mr. Reagan said then. "Yes, some of the current policies are an extension of the 80's. But the overall thrust of this administration is not my father's - these people are overly reaching, overly aggressive, overly secretive and just plain corrupt. I don't trust these people."

Unfortunately, as a family newspaper, the Times discretely chose not to include the following quote from the same interview:

But my father was a man -- that's the difference between him and Bush. To paraphrase Jack Palance, my father crapped bigger ones than George Bush."

No comments: